April 15, 2010

Remember When This Was More Popular Than Facebook?

... yeah, me neither.

Suffice it to say that while I have indeed been sucked into the world of micro-journaling I will TRY to occasionally update here. Why? Because. That's why.

So, Koko ( one of the Mrs.'s brothers) pased away a week before Easter. Of course it was tragic. Of course it was emotional. And disruptive. And it's still causing animosity between two families.
But what they seem to gloss over is that they're projecting all thier B.S. onto Koko's passing. You won't see him worrying over just where the tax for his last car purchase is located on the contract: why? Because it's not his concern anymore.

See, you either believe or you don't. Fool yourself if you like, but you can't fool me. I may not know exactly what's coming, but I damn well know something is. Why? Because there's no explanation for why first there was nothing, then there was a universe. That implies something way bigger than all of this, if you can wrap your little evolved monkey brain around it.

Divine intelligence doesn't mean an old man on a throne; it means intelligence greater than ours will ever be. To be made in its image doesn't mean it has a third leg or needs to shave every other day or whatever. It means God is like Windows 7 Ultimate and we're that Microsoft OS that they used to put on the Jornada. Same basic design with way different capabilities.

In fact, it may be why there are 2 sexes: if God can both create and destroy but we seem less capable of that (if you're honest with yourselves you know this is true) it's probably because we don't carry the necessary capacity to know what it means to do both for the greater good.

All this, plus since it's been scientifically proven that the energy that leaves our body on our passing not only goes somewhere we can't seem to track BUT ALSO has weight (21 grams) we might as well admit that that's our soul they're talking about. And it lives on afterward.

But a soul is not our bodies. Never will be. And it would be both redundant and wasteful to place a soul that's moved on into a replacement vessel, even a "perfect" one. Most likely we'll just continue to exist in the form we are left with. And judgement will be what it is and most likely nothing like we imagine it to be.

So Koko, goodbye. We probably won't meet again, at least not as we would recognize each other. But that's okay. I probably won't recognize myself when I pass on. And I'm okay with that.

Because I know at least I do continue on. And that, my friends, is what I call faith...

jdk

No comments: